Looking for accommodation in Mirissa, Sri Lanka? Check out JJ's Hostel Mirissa. We are an award winning boutique hostel in the centre of Mirissa offering a little luxury and exceptional value. Visit our page to discover more about us, Mirissa and the South Coast of Sri Lanka.

Sunday 12 May 2013

Hong Kong

Hong Kong really is a bit of blur even though it was less than a week ago. Spent most of my week there inside restaurants, cafes and bars....so many in fact that I can barely remember the names of any of them. Some actually didn't have English names or menus so I was completely reliant on my fabulous host Chloe. The money I spent in Hong Kong in one week could have lasted me 1-2 months in Mexico. Wow. Expensive. All relative I suppose. The weather wasn't particularly favourable hence my confinement to the indoors. Managed to catch up with some old work colleagues and a few friends which was great.

Note the sky scrapper in the background. It has the world's highest bar which we visited and as you can imagine that day it had the world's worst view. White out. Good prosecco though.
A big duck draws a big crowd


One of the nearby islands....not quite the Caribbean but a world away from Hong Kong Central


Chloe enjoying the view of her phone

A village where we had a very good seafood dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment